THE WORLD DOG FEDERATION
Last Updated : 5/6/2022
What is personal information?
Our collection of personal information
Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when an individual interacts with our Services, and sometimes we collect personal information directly from an individual. At times, we may collect personal information about an individual from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
Personal Information Collected from Individuals
We may collect the following personal information that people submit to us through the Services:
• Contact Information, including first and last name, second initial, suffixes and prefixes, email address, mailing address, employer, job title, company name, telephone number, and communication preferences.
• Inquiry and communication information, including information you provide in personalized messages sent via forms, to one of our email addresses or by telephone. This includes online registrations (such as event planning information), information entered into our chat function, and ordering information via the WDF Shop. This also includes information you provide to subscribe to any of our newsletters (such as your email address) or magazines, or contact information you provide on our Services.
• Account information, including first and last name, second initial, suffixes and prefixes, company name, employer, job title, email address, username, profile information, club affiliation, number(s) of WDF registration, dog breed(s), name and associated details, waste information, medallions (including WDF medallions), account balances, payment and purchase history information, rewards and any other information you provide to us. Please note that we use a third-party vendor to process payments on our behalf and do not accept payments directly through our Services.
• Online marketplace or purchase information, including first and last name, middle initial, suffixes and prefixes, email address, shipping information, location, payment history, and products and services you have considered or purchased. If you offer products or services for sale on our Services, we may also collect your personal information, such as your first and last name, middle initial, suffixes and prefixes, organization, email address, mailing address, location, billing information, and products and services offered for sale.
• Groomer, trainer and breeder information, including name, contact information (such as email address, postal address and telephone number), organization name, specialty, location, registration and membership information, certification information and licence, personal avatar, billing information, statistics about your profile and listings, photos and videos and any other information you choose to provide in your public bio, products and services you offer, purchase history, account balance and other information you choose to provide to us.
• Community related information, including first and last name, middle initial, suffixes and prefixes, company, mailing address, videos watched, any comments you provide on any blog post or any blog post you like, any messages related to different programs or offers through our Services, including but not limited to the WDF GR Legislative Action Center and Scent Work affiliation, information you type into any “search” or “question” field, information you enter in any form available on the Services and contact information.
• WDF Canine College Information, including first and last name, second initial, suffixes and prefixes, company, postal address, information provided in your profile, registration information, contact information, certification information, billing information, products and services purchased or considered, purchase history and information you provide in any of our online forms, including our evaluation forms.
• Club information, including club member information, first name, last name, middle initial, suffixes and prefixes, postal address, email address, telephone number, if the club member is a breeder, exhibitor or a judge or if he or she holds an office in the club and the number of years of experience of each club member.
• Contest, sweepstakes and survey information, including information you provide when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or information included in any questions you submit via surveys or the content of any testimonials.
• Donation information, including first and last name, club affiliation, type of donation, donation amount, phone number, email address, billing information, and payment history.
• Event information, including seminar information, registration information, club name, judge number, participant badge information, awards, and contact information.
• Dog and litter registration information, including first name, last name, middle initial, suffixes and prefixes, mailing address, email address, telephone number, dam registration number, sire registration number, litter date, certificate issue date, litter compliment, name and address of individuals to whom you have transferred a dog or litter, dam rental information, and any information you provide during the registration process and/or through the use of the WDF online record keeping services.
• Job application information, including contact and demographic information, education and work history, job interests, information obtained during interviews, and any other information you choose to provide if you are applying for a job.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party vendors may also collect personal information from an individual’s device, browsing actions and website usage patterns automatically when you visit or interact with our Services, which may include log data (such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser ID, URL entered and referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, time spent on our Services and any errors that may occur while visiting our Services), analytical data (such as the electronic path taken to our Services, through our Services and when you leave our Services, as well as your usage and activity on our Services ) and location data (such as your general geographic location based on log data collected by us or our third-party vendors). Please note that our systems may also record personal information that you type into our Sites and other online services even if you do not choose to submit it.
To manage cookies, an individual can modify their browser settings to: (I) alert them when they receive a cookie, so that the individual can choose whether or not to accept it; (II) disable existing cookies; or (III) automatically reject cookies. Please note that this may negatively affect an individual’s experience using our Services, as some features and offerings may not function properly or at all. Depending on an individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. Additionally, if an individual wishes to decline cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device that they are actively using.
Personal Information from Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties; which we often combine with personal information we collect automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive the same categories of personal information described above from the following third parties:
• Club Affiliates: If you are affiliated with a club, the club may provide us with your contact information and certain other information that you choose to share with your club.
• Event Information Providers: Typically, we obtain information about events and event results from individuals, organizations or clubs that manage the events, such as club superintendents or club secretaries.
• Other customers or individuals interacting with our services: We may receive your information from other WDF customers or other individuals interacting with our services. For example, if someone adjudicates with an interim judge, he or she can provide the interim judge’s information in the Monitoring Judge Evaluation Form.
• Your employer/company: If you interact with our Services through your employer or company, we may receive your information from your employer or company, including another representative of your employer or company.
• Business Relationships: We may receive your information from our business relationships, such as companies offering their products and/or services on our Services.
• Social Media: When an individual interacts with our Services through various social media networks, such as when someone logs in through a social network, “Likes” us on Facebook, or follows or shares our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter or other social networks, we may receive certain information about individuals that allow the social network to share with third parties. The information we receive depends on an individual’s privacy settings with the social network and may include profile information, profile picture, gender, username, user ID associated with the social media account, age range, language, country and any other information you allow the social network to share with third parties. Individuals should always review and, if necessary,
• Information Providers: From time to time we may obtain information from third party information providers to correct or supplement the personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third party information providers to reconnect with an individual.
• Job Application Third Parties: If you apply for a job with WDF, we may receive information from your current or past employers, recruiters, third party social media platforms and other third parties that we use to obtain candidate information of work.
• Information from other sources: We may also collect personal information about individuals that we otherwise do not have from, for example, publicly available sources, third party data providers, customers or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. Such information may include contact information, employment information, and information about interests in the services. We may combine this information with information we collect directly from an individual. We use this information to contact people, to process job applications and screen job applicants, to send advertising or promotional materials, or to personalize our Services, and to better understand the demographics of the people we interact with.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to:
• Fulfill or fulfill the reason why the information was provided, for example to fulfill our contractual obligations, to provide the Services you have requested and to process transactions, including facilitating your online shopping transactions, WDF purchases and resales, groomer, trainer and breeder applications, club memberships, memberships and ratings;
• Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
• Communicate with people, including via email, text messaging, social media and/or phone calls;
• Requiring people to complete surveys about our organization, the organizations we work with, and the Services;
• For marketing and advertising purposes, including to market to you or offer you by email, direct mail, telephone or text message information and updates about products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
• Administer, improve and personalize our Services, including by recognizing an individual and remembering their information when they return to our Services;
• Process payment for our Services;
• Facilitate customer benefits and services, including customer support through our command center services;
• Identify and analyze how people use our Services;
• Conduct research and analysis of our customers and user base and our Services;
• To improve and customize our Services to meet the needs and interests of our customer base and other people with whom we interact;
• Test, improve, update and monitor the Services or diagnose or fix technology problems;
• Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and businesses;
• Evaluate your application for a job, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process, if you are applying for a job.
• To enforce our Terms, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of others;
• Prevent, investigate or report fraud or illegal or criminal activity;
• Comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; AND
• For any other lawful purpose or other purpose to which you consent.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
• Affiliates. We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by WDF and other jointly owned or under-owned companies such as WDF, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e. any organization we own or control) or any WDF affiliate, particularly when we cooperate in providing the Services.
• Club Affiliates: If you are affiliated with a club, we may share information with your club’s affiliates.
• Online Marketplace and Community Members: If you participate in any of our online communities or purchase goods or services on our Services, we may disclose your public profile information to other members of the online community, as well as any other information you choose to provide or make public.
• Contests, sweepstakes and survey providers: We share personal information with third parties who assist us in delivering our contests, sweepstakes or survey offers and processing responses.
• Marketing Vendors: We coordinate and share personal information with our marketing vendors in order to communicate with people about the Services we provide.
• Customer Service and Communications Providers: We share personal information with third parties who help us deliver our services to customers and facilitate our communications with people making inquiries.
• Advertising Networks and Advertising Relationships: We partner with advertising networks and third-party advertising organizations to deliver personalized content and advertising on our Services, other websites and services, and other devices. These parties may collect information directly from a browser or device when an individual visits our Services through cookies or other data collection technologies. This information is used to deliver and inform targeted advertising, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analysis and market research. Please see the Collection section for more information.
• Business Relationships: We enter into certain selected marketing relationships with advertisers, sponsors and other companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to users of the Services. We will share personal information or any information collected through the Services with such marketing organizations in order to help them send you information that we think may be of interest to you.
• Your employer/company: If you interact with our Services through your employer or company, we may disclose your information to your employer or company, including another representative of your employer or company.
• Dog owners or prospective dog owners: We provide information about the registration of a dog or litter primarily so that the current or prospective dog owner can confirm that the puppy they have acquired or are acquiring is eligible for registration.
• Event results information: We post information about event results to the public on our sites. This may include information such as the breeder’s name, the dog’s registered owner, the event, the name of the judge and the host of the event (for example, a club or WDF), and where the win occurred. We typically obtain this information from individuals, organizations or clubs who manage the events, such as club superintendents or secretaries.
• Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved in a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture or financing or sale of corporate assets. We may disclose personal information to third parties when dealing with, in connection with, or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
• Legal rights and obligations: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal counsel and law enforcement agencies:
• In connection with the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• To comply with the law or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
• To protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
• Detect, suppress or prevent fraud;
• To protect our health and safety and that of others; OR
or As otherwise required by applicable law.
• With your consent: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties either publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction, we may post their testimonial on our Sites or service-related postings.
Third Party Data Collection and Online Advertising
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We allow third-party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services to collect information about your use of our online services over time so that they can play or display advertisements on our Services, on other websites or services that you may use and on other devices you may use. Typically, although not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location identification technologies and similar technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, AdID, precise geo location and other information. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party relationships use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to deliver targeted ads to you and others on those platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party relationships use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to deliver targeted ads to you and others on those platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party relationships use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to deliver targeted ads to you and others on those platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see We and our relationships with third parties use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to deliver targeted ads to you and others on those platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see We and our relationships with third parties use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to deliver targeted ads to you and others on those platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see the Control section below to learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
Social media widgets and advertising.
Our Services may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Services and may set a cookie or use other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by those companies’ privacy policies.
We show you targeted advertising through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to target advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as probable business interests and demography. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors via a first-party pixel, in order to target advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social platform. These ads are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies providing them.
Relations with third parties.
We partner with a variety of third party organizations to provide advertising services. For example, we use Google Analytics to recognize you and connect the devices you use when you visit our Services on your browser or mobile device, log into your account on our Services, or otherwise interact with us. We share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Services and to tailor our advertising and content to your needs. For information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control the information sent to Google, see the Google website, “How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners’ Sites or Apps” at address www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . You can learn about the currently available opt-outs of Google Analytics including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also use certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics. These features allow us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and display ads based on your past visits to the Services . You can control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://google.com/ads/preferences. /www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Control over your information
You can control your information in the following ways:
• Access to information about your device. You can control the Services’ access to your device information through the “Settings” app on your device. For example, you can revoke the Services permission to access your network devices and geolocation and to integrate with your other applications.
• Email communication preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You cannot opt-out of service-related communications (for example, account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
• Push notifications. You can stop receiving push notifications from us by changing your preferences in the iOS or Android notification settings menu.
• Changing or deleting your information. If you have any questions about reviewing, changing or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org We may not be able to change or delete your information under all circumstances, particularly in relation to the program WDF by WDF, given the immutable nature of information on the blockchain.
• Online Ads: To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of these ads, we recommend you visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and/or Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) resources. ) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and you can opt-out of receiving certain interest-based advertising on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads. info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt out of some, but not all, interest-based advertising served by mobile advertising networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the AppChoices mobile app.
If you’d like to opt out of receiving online interest-based ads on mobile apps, please follow the instructions at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Children’s personal information
Our Services are not directed to, and do not intend to, or knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 18. If an individual is under the age of 18, you should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information directly or by any other means. If a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect was provided by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Links to Third Party Websites or Services